Las Vegas Slip And Fall Attorney
Skilled Slip And Fall Lawyers Now Serving Las Vegas, NV
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one out of every five incidents of slip and fall results in a serious injury with over 800,000 patients hospitalized each year. Slip and fall accidents have been implicated as the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries in the USA.
If you or your loved one was severely injured in a slip and fall accident, reach out to a competent and experienced Las Vegas slip and fall attorney today.
Causes Of Slip And Fall Accidents In Las Vegas And Common Injuries
Slip and fall accidents can be caused by several reasons. In most cases, this is due to the existence of hazards that were not removed when they should have. A few of them are:
- A spill on the floor
- Toxic chemicals
- Negligent maintenance; broken stairs, steps, and railings
- Falling from an elevated surface
- Slick surfaces
- Objects in your path
- Poor lighting
- Inadequate security
Severe injuries that are commonly sustained in slip and fall accidents are:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Nerve damage
- Ligament and tendon injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Mental health injuries that accompany physical injuries
Establishing Fault In Your Las Vegas Slip And Fall Accident: Who Is Liable?
The liable party, also known as the at-fault party, is the party whose negligence resulted in your accident. Depending on the facts of your case, and where the accident happened, you may have more than one defendant in your slip and fall liability claim. They could be:
- The government: if the slip and fall accident happened on public property, you may be able to hold the city of Las Vegas responsible for your injuries.
- A commercial corporation: if you slipped and fell in a public place of business like a restaurant, shopping mall, or cinema, the owner(s) of the business may be held liable for your injuries.
- An individual or private property owner: if the accident happened in a private residence, you may hold the owner of the property responsible for your injuries.
Proving Fault In A Slip And Fall Liability Claim
To prove fault in your slip and fall liability claim, some elements need to be established. They are:
- That the at-fault party owed a duty of care to you. Property owners have a duty of care to ensure that their properties are reasonably safe for visitors. This includes repairing known hazards, searching for unknown ones, and warning about potential ones.
- That the at-fault party was aware, or should reasonably have been aware of the hazardous condition that resulted in the slip and fall accident and did not do anything about it. This is known as a breach of duty of care.
- That the breach of duty resulted in your slip and fall accident and that you suffered serious injuries as a result.
Compensation To Expect When You File A Slip And Fall Liability Claim
Compensation in personal injury claims, of which slip and fall is one, is also known as damages and they include:
- Medical bills for expenses such as hospital bills, medications, and any other care your injuries require.
- Lost wages due to your inability to work while you were laid up with your injuries. This also includes any wages you might lose in the future while recuperating from your injuries (tips and bonuses included).
Sometimes, you may get compensated for any physical emotional stress you suffer from your injuries. This is known as “pain and suffering”.
Get Expert Help: Reach Out To Our Slip And Fall Attorneys Today
Our Las Vegas slip and fall attorneys at David Boehrer Law Firm are the best you can find in all of Las Vegas. We are an AV-rated award-winning law firm and when you retain our services, you best believe we are bringing our A-game.
The great thing about engaging our services is that we work on a contingency basis. This means that we do not bill you any fee unless we win. Thus, if we do not win your case, you do not owe us any fee. Reach out to us today to get started on your slip and fall case.